What are the English language requirements for Australian universities?
3 Months ago
Are you planning to study in Australia but don't know the English language requirements? Here's everything you need to know:
- Most Australian universities require an English language proficiency test such as IELTS, TOEFL, IBT, or PTE Academic.
- The minimum score required may vary from one university to another, but usually falls within the range of 6.0 to 7.0 for IELTS, 79 to 100 for TOEFL, and 58 to 64 for PTE Academic.
- Some universities may also offer their own English language proficiency test or accept other language tests like Cambridge English: Advanced or Occupational English Test (OET).
- The level of English proficiency required may also depend on the course or program you want to study. For example, courses in Architectural science, Health related programs, Nursing, Teaching, Education, Social work and Engineering may require a higher level of English proficiency compared to courses in humanities and social sciences.
- Apart from taking an English language test, you may also be exempted from this requirement if you have completed previous studies in English or if you are a citizen of certain English-speaking countries.
- Keep in mind that meeting the English language requirement is just one of the many requirements for admission to an Australian university. You may also need to provide other documents like academic transcripts, personal statement, and letters of recommendation.
Don't let the English language requirement hinder your dreams of studying in Australia. Consult with PFEC Global today and let us guide you in your journey to higher education abroad.