As an Indian student planning to study in Australia, managing your finances can be a crucial aspect of your journey. Here are a few tips to help you manage your finances while studying in Australia:
1. Plan your budget: It is essential to plan your budget and keep track of your expenses. This will help you avoid overspending and save money.
2. Look for scholarships and financial aid: Many universities and organizations in Australia offer scholarships and financial aid to international students. Research and apply for these opportunities to reduce your financial burden. In most cases Australia provides scholarship on the basis of your last qualification percentage and no need to apply for scholarship separately.
3. Consider working part-time: Part-time work can help you earn some extra cash to cover your expenses. However, ensure that you balance your work and studies and comply with the work restrictions imposed by your student visa of 48Hours fortnightly.
4. Avail student discounts: Many shops, restaurants, and entertainment venues in Australia offer student discounts. Ensure that you carry your student ID with you to avail these discounts.
5. Use public transport: Public transport is a cost-effective way to travel in Australia. Look for student discounts on public transport passes. In many cities, public transport is free on showing student ID card.
6. Avoid unnecessary expenses: Avoid splurging on unnecessary expenses like eating out frequently or buying expensive clothes. Instead, look for cheaper alternatives.
7. Flexible accommodations: Plan your stay as required. If you want to save time and energy, look for hostel accommodation on campus or plan for homestays and shared accommodations nearby to save extra dollars.
At PFEC Global, we understand the importance of managing finances while studying abroad. We provide guidance on financial planning and assist you in securing scholarships and financial aid to reduce your financial burden. Contact us to know more.